Having the ability to analyse text provides HR the ability to gain deeper insight into their workforces and make more effective decisions.
Text is one of the most important data types that organisations have about their employees. Typically this data is far more useful to understand WHY employees are behaving in the ways that they do, and has a strong predictive nature often being a lead-indicator on key changes. However, few HR teams have been able to scale an analysis of text data to the level where it provides significant value to the organisation.
How do organisations collect, analyse and act on employee text data? What insight can you reveal from text data? How do you get started with text analysis? What are the limits of what text data can provide?
What is Text Analytics, and What can you do with it?
This session will explore:
- Why text analysis: What can text data reveal that is unable – or less effectively – gained from other sources?
- Text analysis has multiple challenges and most great text analysis approaches is likely to be highly specialised?
- What are the challenges you need to be aware of when analysing text?
- A short history of text analysis. How modern text analysis systems work
- Why your biggest challenge is one that you might not think about
- How to get started.
- A good understanding of text analysis & what it can provide to HR teams
- Knowledge of how to collect high quality text data.
Share this session:
Andrew Marritt is the founder of OrganizationView, a prominent European People Analytics practice. A hands-on analyst, he’s equally at home crafting code as he is advising business leaders on the strategic use of workforce data.
OrganizationView work with global firms providing both analysis and technology. They provide additional capability and capacity to some of the most advanced People Analytics teams. Their Workometry product brings text analytics and machine learning to employee feedback.
The team of data scientists have advanced degrees in statistics and computer science. OrganizationView is particularly strong at analysing large, unstructured datasets and graph data.
As well as leading OrganizationView’s analysis work, Andrew also teaches People Analytics to senior HR leaders. Before starting OrganizationView, Andrew spent 10 years leading global technology and data-centric projects for firms such as Reuters, UBS and Alstom. His early career was in management consulting.