Jamie Nevshehir & Lynette Carlson
Director & Senior Manager People Analytics
Every organisation is different, and there is no “one size fits all” in terms of how you structure your People Analytics team, or how you conduct analysis.
Having a decentralised business can sometimes be seen as a challenge; however, getting the right balance of where analytics expertise is placed and how you structure your People Analytics team can make all the difference.
NBCUniversal, like a lot of other businesses, is federated: businesses span a number of different facets, such as TV, Film, News, Sports and Theme Parks. This creates a unique culture and dynamic, but also adds a level of complexity when it comes to People Analytics.
In this session, Jamie Nevshehir and Lynette Carlson explore how a decentralised operating model can provide a unique advantage in terms of getting closer to the business challenges and uncovering tangible benefits from people data.
Jamie and Lynette, through the example of NBCUniversal, will discuss how working in a decentralised HR structure with analysts at a business level has helped to uncover real tangible People Analytics outcomes and insights.
People Analytics to Support a Decentralised Operating Model
Strategic, Leadership, Decentralised Organisations, People Analytics Leaders, Operating Models, Media, BI, Data Architecture, Data Lakes
- Decentralised operating models have their challenges and advantages – being more decentralised forces you to work closer with the different businesses and facets within your organisation – you get deeper insights!
- The flip side is that, as a result of greater business autonomy, it can be challenging to productise People Analytics offerings, e.g. dashboards or tools that fit the needs of all the businesses.
This session will explore:
- How do you best structure your People Analytics team when your business is decentralised?
- What are the things to think about in terms of building a People Analytics technology architecture when working with a decentralised operating model?
- What are the advantages and challenges when conducting People Analytics within a decentralised HR operating model?
- Structuring your People Analytics organisation when operating in a decentralised operating model
- Building a People Analytics technology architecture to support a decentralised operating model
- Understanding of People Analytics in the media Industry.
Share this session:
Jamie Nevshehir is Director of HR Operations and People Analytics at NBCUniversal. His responsibilities include supporting HR systems and process outside of the US across 34 countries. In addition, Jamie leads People Analytics globally across NBCU and is responsible for providing HR and business leaders with dashboards and reporting technology as well as advanced workforce analytics and insights.
He joined NBCUniversal 5 years ago, having previously worked for KPMG, both in-house within their HR function and as a consultant in their HR Transformation practice for 12 years.
Data guru specialising in surfacing business insights from HR/People Data in order to drive key decision making. Over 10 years of experience in Reporting and Analytics with a focus on data modelling and bringing disparate datasets together. Passionate about people and has an innate curiosity to understand human behaviour. Undergraduate background is in social psychology and also holds an MBA from UCLA Anderson School of Management.