People Analytics Consultant; Founder
The Blumberg Partnership
This session presents a new Digital-Era People Analytics Operating Model (otherwise referred to as DEPA:OM) to address limitations commonly found in the People Analytics operating models in use by most organisations today, and which negatively impact the effectiveness of the People Analytics function.
On Thursday Max will lead a more in-depth workshop with Dave Millner (HR Curator) to explore the model in more detail, and explain how to design roles and job descriptions to create a high-functioning and efficient analytics team.
Slides available in PDF (Pro pass only)
ON DEMAND: Watch the session live and chat directly with Max, or catch up at a time that suits you.
- Standard Pass: watch on demand until 23 April
- Pro Pass: watch on demand until 23 May (+ access all workshops)
Announcing a new People Analytics Operating Model for the Digital Era – DEPA:OM
This session presents a new Digital-Era People Analytics Operating Model (otherwise referred to as DEPA:OM) to address the following limitations commonly found in the People Analytics operating models in use by most organisations today, and which negatively impact the effectiveness of the People Analytics function:
- Most current People Analytics operating models are not designed to transform outcomes from core analytics projects into scalable actionable workforce products
- Current People Analytics job roles, functions and deliverables are frequently not well-defined (it is not clear exactly “who is accountable for what”)
- Many key initiatives – such as Workforce Planning and new HRIS implementation – are usually positioned as ad hoc People Analytics activities rather than integral components of the overall People Analytics strategy
- Because data analysis and implementation are usually managed by separate teams, their activities remain uncoordinated. In such cases, findings from statistical analysis are therefore frequently poorly implemented – and in many instances not implemented at all.
- Finally, and despite repeated warnings from Executive Teams, many current People Analytics operating models persist in focusing on low-level operational workforce outcomes rather than on organisational-level Key Performance Drivers such as productivity, customer-growth and innovation, to the detriment of the overall business strategy.
The DEPA:OM presented at this session is available at no charge, under a Creative Commons Licence.
The subsequent workshop session at #PAWorld21 on Thursday 22 April will provide more detail on the various DEPA:OM job roles described during this session.
Share this session:
As a seasoned Organizational Development and Analytics Advisor, I help companies to improve their effectiveness.
The techniques I’ve developed are now taught by many Universities and professional bodies including the CIPD, University of Leeds, Goldsmiths University of London, and the Marshall Business School at the University of Southern California. You can also read about them in books like The Power of People (Jonathan Ferrar, IBM) Introduction to People Analytics (Dave Millner & Nadeem Khan).
As a PhD-educated analytics advisor, I help many complex global organisations whose leaders demand the best from themselves and their workforces gain competitive advantage by creating projects which tap into the full potential of their workforces and sales forces using sophisticated and innovative predictive analytics, machine learning and AI to produce exceptional and measurable financial commercial results.
As an Analytics Coach and Chartered Psychologist, I offer Career Planning and Skills Training to both leaders and/or their teams. My services also include keeping clients abreast of the latest analytics trends and using my network to introduce them to potential employers if required.
My client list includes Nestle, Hilton Hotels, Lloyds Register, Swarovski, the BBC, Barclays Corporate and the MOD amongst others. Please see the references section below for testimonials about my work.
I have worn many hats in my career – Accenture consultant, company founder with successful IPO, strategist, and technologist. As a result, I have a unique ability to understand and navigate the complex challenges of operations and salesforces.
Active on the conference and workshop circuits, I am a keen educator working as a Visiting Professor at the University of Leeds Business School and a Visiting Researcher at Goldsmiths, University of London.
Known for my straight-talking, inspirational and sometimes off-the-wall approach, I enjoy breaking down barriers to help my clients achieve previously unimaginable results.
I love making professional acquaintances. Connect to me for a chat about your people analytics, workforce insights and direction.