Head of Data and Insights
Flow of Work
Whether you’re a new analyst trying to understand how to use HR data to support DEI efforts, or an HRBP trying to understand how to use data to support diversity in promotions, this session is for you. Martha will cover both the types of analyses that can be done, as well as suggestions for how an HRBP can use the findings. There will be an emphasis on explainability and interpretability.
Organisations worldwide are looking to leverage data to make better talent decisions. They are also looking for ways to increase diversity at senior levels of the organisation. This presentation will bring these two together by covering how to use data to make better, less biased promotion decisions.
This session will explore:
- Using descriptive and predictive analytics to understand previous promotions, and whether or not there was a diversity imbalance
- Using the findings from your analysis to identify and understand some of the factors that may have contributed to any imbalances
- Using predictive analytics to identify employees ready for promotion, to inform future promotion decisions
- Empowering HRBPs with the findings of your analysis so they can #breakthebias during the next promotion review meeting
- All throughout there will be an emphasis on making sure the analysis can be understood by HR professionals, no matter how much experience they have with data analysis.
- As an analyst, understand some of the descriptive and predictive analyses that can be used to understand past promotions and support future promotion decisions
- As an analyst, learn how to ensure your work is understood by HR professionals, no matter their experience with data
- As an HR professional, learn how you can bring data to promotion review meetings to support objective decision making.
Sign up now to access this session and many more, both live and on demand:
Martha Curioni is the Head of Data and Insights for Flow of Work Co, where she uses employee skill data to develop insights and match employees and their aspirations with opportunities. Prior to this role, she had a wide breadth of experience, including 8 years working in the HR and Talent space. Her most recent role at Deloitte as an internal global talent consultant is where she gained experience with talent analytics. She later completed data science training to acquire additional technical skills, which she now uses to provide companies and their employees with data driven solutions.