A model for a collaborative approach to unlocking business value from people data and building a data driven HR function.
Vicky Joynes and Steve Scott have developed a new approach to building a data driven HR culture at Standard Chartered that is grounded in partnership and a genuine appreciation of the challenges and opportunities that each are grappling with. This session will provide an overview of this approach and describe some of the innovative approaches they and their teams have taken together.
For too long, People Analytics team and HR Business Partners have faced into each other with different perspectives, and this has become a blocker to truly collaborative working in service of resolving business problem and seizing business opportunities. In many organisations, each side blames the other, with claims such as:
- “HRBPs aren’t data-savvy”
- “People Analytics doesn’t give us the data and insight we need to do our job”
- “We don’t have access to the data in a way that makes it easy for us to draw insights from it”.
Often, each has left the other to their own devices, which then becomes a fundamental blocker to driving organisational impact and value. If this resonates with you and your organisation, then join us for this session to explore a new model and approach.
This session will explore:
- Aligning perspectives to what Data-Driven HR really means
- Operational Data-Driven HR versus Strategic Data Driven HR
- Benchmarking Data Driven HR maturity, and identifying the required interventions across People, Data, Technology and Processes
- Ways of upskilling and reskilling the wider HR function that combine learning and practice, using real life use cases
- Creating a permanent, two-way feedback loop between teams to support the evolution of the partnership
- Prioritisation based on collective value and impact, to ensure both sides are working together on the highest-order priorities
- Discover concrete examples of how we designed and implemented the above initiatives
- Learn how to demonstrate the value of these approaches, based on our own experiences
- Hear reflections of our journey so far, the successes, and the lessons learnt from this new approach.
Sign up now to access this session and many more, both live and on demand:
Steve is an accomplished and inspirational leader with broad commercial experience who is passionate about delivering impact and value through People Analytics. Currently Managing Director, Global Head of Workforce Management & Analytics for Standard Chartered Bank, he leads a team of circa 40 colleagues across London, Bangalore, Chennai and Singapore. Steve is responsible for defining and executing a strategy and operating model to leverage data and partnerships across the Group to provide insights and analytics that inform business decision, improve business outcomes and enhance employee experiences. Prior to joining Standard Chartered Bank in October 2019 he held a similar role at Lloyds Banking Group. Steve has also held roles in Business Intelligence, Financial Reporting and Planning, Product and Pricing, Operations and has experience across Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Private Banking and Wealth Management. He has an MBA from Cass Business School, City, University of London. Steve is based in London, UK and lives in Harrogate, North Yorkshire with his wife and daughter.