Founder, The Visible Authority
In absence of authority, People Analytics leaders will drown in useless laundry lists.
A few weeks ago, I advised a medium-sized supply chain analytics consulting firm. We started our discussions on the basis of a research project they had initiated in early 2021 amongst 30 CEOs of their enterprise client portfolio.
The main thing they wanted to understand: understanding the characteristics of successful analytical leaders in those organisations. One of the key findings of the research was crystal clear: the analytical leaders who failed to have an impact were those who got drown in laundry lists of low-impact activities.
They hadn’t been capable of rising to the transformational level and, as a result, were pretty much ditched by the management. This session will show how to avoid making the same mistakes.
Slides available in PDF (Pro pass only)
ON DEMAND: Watch the session live and chat directly with Luk, or catch up at a time that suits you.
- Standard Pass: watch on demand until 23 April
- Pro Pass: watch on demand until 23 May (+ access all workshops)
Becoming a Visible Authority
Strategy/Leadership of the People Analytics leader
I still see too many people analytics leaders doing downstream, low-impact activities instead of working at the upstream, high-impact level. They get drowned in their long laundry lists of low strategic relevance and quickly lose their authority, a prerequisite for success.
This session will explore:
- Why People Analytics leaders should escape the downstream, low-impact working level
- Why the notorious translator role and/or a focus on technology will get you stranded at that downstream level
- Why People Analytics leaders should become visible authorities in their organisations
- Understanding the 2 main upstream roles of the ‘visible authority People Analytics leader’.
- Learn why you should escape the laundry list way of working in People Analytics
- Understand the concepts of working at downstream versus upstream level
- Understand the value of the visible authority concept for People Analytics leaders and specialists
- Understand the key roles of the ‘visible authority People Analytics leader’: inspiring thinking shifts and picturing the transformational potential.
Share this session:
My name is Luk Smeyers, and I teach internal and external consultants to improve the impact of their work by helping them transform into visible authorities. I have been in consulting businesses for almost 20 years, in very different roles: as European CHRO in a global consultancy, as a startup founder in a People Analytics consultancy, and as a leader in a Big 4 consultancy, post-acquisition of the startup.
I had the privilege of achieving global visibility as a People Analytics consultant and I never had to sell or persuade as a result. I have now bundled all those experiences, learnings, know-how, research, successes, and struggles from managing and growing that visibility in the past decade.