Max Blumberg talks with some of the key people at the People Analytics World 2017 conference in April, revisits some of the most inspiring moments over the two days, and together they explore the ideas deeper.
Episode 15a: Live @ PAWorld17, London
Facilitator: Max Blumberg - Visiting Professor, Leeds Business School
- Ekkehard Ernst - Chief Macroeconomic Policy Officer, International Labor Organisation
- Sjoerd van den Heuvel - People Analytics Researcher, University of Applied Sciences, Utrecht
- Michael Carty - Benchmarking Editor, XpertHR / Personnel Today
People Analytics World was a very busy two days. We somehow managed to pin down two speakers and a key industry commentator, amid a flurry of amazing sessions towards the end of Day Two, to give us their reflections on the event and the key themes that emerged.
- Cole Nussbaumer, and her showstopper presentation on Data Visualisation
- Ross Sparkman of Facebook discussing the marriage of workforce planning and common sense
- True North Analytics, and their excellent report on analysing the impact of the Gender Pay Gap
- The long term ROI and competitive advantage afforded by People Analytics
- Standardisation of HR definitions and indicators
- The shift in skill sets in HR
- Career progression as an HR professional in analytics
- Employee happiness as a corporate asset
- Automation and the future of work
- Collaboration and long-term strategic planning
Among many other topics. Listen to this pacey recap of just some of the fascinating highlights of this world summit.
Dr Max Blumberg is the founder of the Blumberg Partnership, a Top 50 analytics consultancy which provides innovative analytics consultancy to organisations including Nestle, Lloyds Register, the BBC, Rentokil Initial, Barclays Corporate and the CIPD. Max is also a Visiting Professor at the University of Leeds Business School, Visiting Researcher at Goldsmiths, University of London, a Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.